STAR Q&A: 7oi

A mishmash of epic electronic beeps & beats from Ísafjörður.
Musician/Producer Jóhann Friðgeir Jóhannsson a.k.a 7oi, Born @ 8 december 1981 Hometown: Ísafjörður, Iceland

Q: Who/what has been your motivation to “shine”?
A: "
Growing up in the small town of Ísafjörður has been the biggest part in my motivation to begin with. Since it's a bit remote you get more enthusiastic about discovering new things outside of your tiny world. 
When the internet finally arrived, that was a turning point in my search for inspiration. Today, though, the internet distracts me more than it informs me. 
What makes me shine the most are my two wonderful daughters. I don't need anything more in life than just hanging around with them."




Q:Which particular mess on this planet would you like to get rid of?
A: 
"Politics. Simple. Is there anything else that has made more harm to the world? Well, capitalism too, but those two have kind of fused into the same pile of crap.
Also, I'm sorry to say this, as many people will totally disagree with me, but religion in general has caused so much harm to this world as well by putting people into groups which are in conflict with each other because each group thinks it's opinions on life are truer than the others (ding ding ding). 
Oh, and pop culture has become a bit silly, but then again, I might just be getting old.." 

  Yup by 7oi

Q: What is the best place on earth?
A: "Home. There will never be a better place."

Q: What makes you happy?My faith, my family and beloved ones. 
A: "My family. Ignoring the news of the world. I know it seems selfish of me not wanting to hear disaster stories of others. And not to follow political developments in governments. 
But try it out for yourself!"

Q: If you had a megaphone with a world-wide reach, what would be
the message?
A: "People, please. Grow up!We humans have this great gift of the human mind and spirit. Lets not waste our energy on something that doesn't matter, use it on something that does. Me, I have my family. What do you want to use yours on?"


his glitters go out to Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
The people of Japan have always been good to me, and I just feel I owe it to them.


Check his website and Soundcloud
Labels: , ,

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten